Tuesday 20 January 2009

DANCING for others

Dance Demonstration

For those of you who don’t know I am a Latin American dancer. I compete as Pre-champion/amateur dancer at a nation level. Last year I came second in the country at Blackpool. I have been competing for a couple of years and go to a private coach twice a week. I have been asked to do a demonstration for a community event in December 2008. My dancer partner, lee and myself are very keen on doing events like this. We are currently attending community halls, old peoples homes, churches and venues and performing in the spaces. We are doing it a both a experiences and the enjoyment of helping and providing the community with something, of which we do not ask for money or funds. So far we have done four demonstrations, I have noticed that the elderly are particularly grateful as around my area there is alot of homes, which sadly does not cater for entertainment for the elderly.

No comments: