Tuesday 20 January 2009

Community Work

Extra Ideas for Community Based Work

Around my area there is not much available for both the youth and older people to do. From doing a few dance demonstration for different events it has made me realise how my community lacks in social and community based things to do. I would like to be able to provide something for my community, such as afternoons with the elderly or workshops with the youth. I danced for a group of elderly people at my Nan’s church and they really enjoyed it and said that it was nice to know that people of my age are doing something for the older generatation Originally I wanted to go into a school and run a workshop, however I am now thinking of maybe putting on small dance performance for different venues in my area, particularly schools and old peoples homes.

No comments: